Wedding & Events Manager Job Description includes producing events from conception to completion but also so much more. A Wedding & Events Manager usually reports to Marketing & Events Manager.
They are responsible for preparation of all wedding/event documentation to include Banquet Event Orders and Billing. Also, they need to ensure a seamless turnover from booking stage to event operation and guest check out. To learn more about a Wedding & Events Manager Job Description read about their duties and responsibilities.
Wedding & Events Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain a computerised system for responding, co-ordinating and tracking sales enquiries, booking and availability.
- Meet prospective clients for show-arounds for weddings, private functions, and corporate functions.
- Ensure a prompt and professional response or follow-up to sales enquiries, wedding show arounds and FAM trips. Track, analyse and make recommendations on business conversion statistics.
- Ensure the events department is covered Monday to Saturday.
- Research competitors on Wedding trends, offerings, and pricing. Ensure the company remains competitive and relevant in the marketplace.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports outlining the Business on the Books for the current and following years.
- Prepare pace reports comparing bookings year on year, as well as identify potential challenges and suggest solutions.
- Generate quotations for prospective bookings and timely follow ups. Furthermore, liaise with clients in relation to co-ordinating the intricate details of their events.
- Monitor, co-ordinate and communicate event bookings. Ensure accuracy of billing and information, as well as maintain up to date profiles. Record client feedback post event.
- Generate sufficient information for invoicing of events. Also, up-sell products and services throughout the event process to maximise revenue.
- Meet and greet all clients during the event phase and ensure the smooth handover of the event to the operations team.
- Management of customer feedback including responding to guest problems and complaints relating to Weddings and Events.
- Take ownership for recurring challenges and ensure the issues are resolved.
- Schedule and attend weekly function and sales meetings.
- Liaise and maintain a relationship with other departments to ensure the effective, efficient, and smooth running of events.
- Assist in promotional and marketing activities.
- Ensure a prompt and professional response and follow-up to sales enquiries.
- Assist with the development of brochures and promotional materials.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual sales and events targets.
- Attend workshops, exhibitions and promotional events where required.
- Work closely with other members of the events team. Moreover, provide support and leadership to relevant team members.
- Assist with updates and postings to Social Media sites.
If you’re looking for Wedding & Events Manager roles, check out Action Recruitment.