Hotel Revenue Manager Job Description – ensure the efficient and smooth running of the Rooms Division’s/Reservation Department. Maximise room revenue. Assist in the direction and supervision of the activities within the reservations/reception department.
You can check out Hotel Revenue Manager Jobs on this link and read more to learn about the duties and responsibilities of the role.
Hotel Revenue Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth running of the Rooms Division’s/Reservation Department, ensuring the highest levels of guest service and guest satisfaction.
- Conduct and/or participate in team briefings on commencement of each shift in preparation of service. Ensure a detailed and full handover is communicated to you. Ensure team members are aware of their responsibilities.
- Communicate any relevant information to particular departments.
- Ensure all reservations are accepted, recorded and confirmed in accordance with Company policy and in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Maximise room occupancy on each shift.
- Be aware of current business targets, actual budgeted and forecasted business levels. Focus at all times to achieve these targets.
- Co-ordinate billing with accounts department.
- Be aware and analyse all forth coming business on a regular basis.
- Ensure all guests are being offered an efficient, courteous and professional customer service, and in accordance with Hotel standards and Hotel strategy.
- Make sure all Rooms Division’s/Reservation Department quality standards are respected at all times.
- Oversee the continual development of the Department tasks. Providing training, support, coaching and guidance to new and existing staff.
- Maintain excellent and constant communication within the team and the rest of the hotel departments.
- Support sales and revenue strategies, maximising rooms occupancy and room rate.
- Actively assist the Management of the Hotel in achieving financial and quality objectives throughout all the year.
- Preparation of the weekly and Monthly Rooms.
- Analysis of Rate reports and the production of policy relating to rate strategy.
- Preparation of a monthly forecast of Rooms Revenue Report and also with assisting the Events team.
- Make recommendations regarding the implementation of contract clauses.
- Advise management of upcoming events and revenue generating potential.
- Decide what business the hotel will take and refuse with reference to increasing the overall revenue to the property.
- Analyse and report on booking trends.
- Obtain timely and accurate information on competitors including pricing, business levels and facilities available.
- Advise the hotel management on ideas and methods of increasing revenue.
- Propose annual room rates including executive up grades.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing Manager to ensure that the hotel is involved in all areas of Marketing and Advertising to increase the Hotel profile while also working closely with Front Desk Manager & Events Manager
- Meet daily with General Manager/Sale & Marketing Manager to discuss Revenue and Strategy.