What falls into a Hotel Duty Manager Job Description? A hotel duty manager is responsible for achieving the smooth and professional running of the operation in accordance with Hotel Policy. Depending on the size and type of property, the Duty Manager can be in charge of a single department.
The DM usually reports to the Deputy General Manager or the General Manager.
Find out more about the role below or browse Action Recruitment to find Hotel Duty Manager Jobs.
Hotel Duty Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth running of service when you are on duty.
- Promote a professional and hospitable image to the guest. Give full cooperation to any guest requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
- Be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to business and guest needs.
- Maintain regular and efficient communication relating to your shift and attend all hotel meetings as required.
- Assist with the personnel and training function in the hotel, taking on specific responsibilities in this area.
- Take on supervisory responsibilities in specific departments as required and assist in all Catering areas operationally.
- Assist in the training and induction of new staff in conjunction with the Heads of Department.
- Ensure the security of the hotel, stocks and keys at all times whilst on duty.
- Assist the Operations manager in complying with legal obligations in relation to Health & Safety. Ensure that risk assessments are carried out and reviewed regularly.
- Identify and report maintenance requirements/hazards in the workplace.
- Assume responsibility whilst on duty for any emergency situations in line with procedures.
- Attend any training meetings as required.