Demi Chef de Partie Job Description – prepare food in accordance with the standard recipes and specifications in the designated area of work as determined by the Head Chef.
A Demi CDP reports to the Head Chef, Sous Chef & Junior Sous Chef and is responsible for Commis chefs.
Demi Chef de Partie Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the quality of food served in all food outlets, including the employee restaurant, is of the highest standard possible appropriate to that area.
- Assist in training within your department and to attend training sessions when requested in line with hotel requirements
- Hygiene control – Cleaning Schedule. Ensure that all records for the Criterion board are maintained.
- SOPs for all dishes are implemented with the aid of a Chef de Partie.
- Training of Commis – setting up a detailed training program with the Chef de Partie, Junior Sous and Sous Chef
- Attend all relevant meetings
- Be responsible for stocks and control of wastage, in according to company standards.
- Assist in maintaining and improving upon budgeted food cost
- Always provide a courteous and professional service and ensure that any guest complaints are promptly rectified and communicated to the head chef.
- Assist the head chef in the fulfilment of his or her duties in order to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen.
- Always maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Maintain good working relationships with your own colleagues and all other departments.
- Be aware of the action to be taken in the event of fire.
- Carry out cleaning within your own department ensuring that hygiene and safety standards are maintained.
- Have a complete understanding of the hotel’s employee handbook and comply with the regulations contained within.
- Create and maintain an effective working relationship with colleagues and Managers.
- Be responsible for the ordering of all fresh produce and dry goods for kitchen use.
- Comply with all company procedures regarding:
- Health & Safety
- Food Hygiene