You can find the Cluster Revenue Manager Job Description below. And if you’re looking for revenue jobs, click here.
Cluster Revenue Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
- Identify new revenue opportunities.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships.
- Act as overall business development consultant for the hotel manager/owner.
- Challenge and influence hotel to improve service level and operational standards.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with levels of staff at the client hotel.
- Travel regularly to each hotel.
- Embed a revenue management culture.
Core Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Assist with maintenance of 24-36 month rolling demand calendar.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances, and budget comparisons.
- Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution.
- Responsible for assessing, analysing, and pricing group business strategies.
- Analyse overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated, and working to full capacity.
- Assist the Cluster with standards and operations for reservations department.
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
- Ensure hotel personnel is fully competent in the use of all systems.
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…) points.
- Conduct quarterly property performance review, and develop strategic, and tactical action.
Responsible for best practice standards to include competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modelling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts.
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc…).
- Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business.
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
- Inspire Hotel’s HODs to further embed a revenue management culture.
- Responsible for recruitment / training / writing of SOP’s / coaching / performance management and appraisals of reservations team.
- Visit the hotels to get first-hand knowledge of all revenue management issues and other key areas.
- Any other reasonable requests made by management.
- Business Development DNA and commercial minded.
- Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success.
- Sound ability and knowledge to develop standards of operations and strategic processes
- Good analytical and numeric skills for fast data crunching.
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
- Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs.
- Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties and the hotel teams.
- Capacity to read situation, understand environments and respond accordingly
- Capable of prioritizing between revenue generating actions and time-consuming tasks with low yield impact.
- Well-developed interpersonal, adaptive influencing and supervisory management skills
- Willingness to travel and ability to interact professionally with other cultures
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.