Primary responsibility that falls in an Assistant Accommodation Manager Job Description is assisting in the management of the Accommodation Department on a daily basis as well as in the absence of the Executive Accommodation Manager. The role differs slightly when we’re considering a 4* hoteel and a 5* resort. However, regardless of the hotel’s standards, the Assistant Accommodation Manager Job Description entails the following duties.
Assistant Accommodation Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete accommodation worksheets before the staff arrive making sure that any special requests are noted.
- Monitors and maintains a high level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, linen rooms, offices, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
- Monitors job performance pertaining to the level of cleanliness.
- Trains and coaches Lead Accommodation Assistants and Accommodation Assistants.
- Compiles and reports accurate status of guest rooms to the Front Office department.
- Maintains room quality as per checklist.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return on guest lost and found items.
- Conducts inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
- Orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Manages schedules and rosters.
- Works closely with Maintenance to coordinate projects for the guest rooms.
- Reports to the Front Office in the morning to retrieve the Housekeeping keys and again at the end of the day to turn the keys in.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Enforces the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures daily line up and departmental meetings are completed according to hotel standards.
There are also some minimum requirements you need to meet in most cases to land a role as this. Please read more about them below.
As a candidate applying to the role of an Assistant Accommodation Manager, here are the requirements you have to meet:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Previous accommodation experience.
- Previous leadership experience in a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate in English with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Excellent knowledge of computers.
- Experience of administration work and report writing.
Found what you were looking for? Check out active Accommodation Manager jobs on our web.