What falls into a reservation staff job description? They are responsible for the booking of all bedrooms within the Hotel. Furthermore, they are also responsible for the distribution of information to the associated departments as well as adhering to the confidential nature of all business dealings within the Hotel/Resort.
A Reservation Agent reports to Reservation Manager and, depending on the size of the property, Reservation Supervisor and Assistant Manager or Rooms Division Manager.
If you’re looking for reservation agent jobs, check active ones on Action Recruitment.
Reservation Staff Job Description – Reservations Agent Duties
- Assist the Rooms Division Manager in the preparation of budgets and forecasting.
- Ensure Reservations telephones are covered at all times and answered in a speedy, professional manner.
- Ensure all reservations are accepted, recorded, and confirmed. Both in accordance with company policy and in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ensure accurate and complete entries into the system in accordance with established procedures.
- Represent the Hotel in a favourable and efficient manner. When meeting potential clients and/or dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Carry out and ensure that The Hotel’s Customer Relation Policy is practised.
- Communicate and ensure the communication of hotel services to all guests.
- Have a complete and thorough knowledge of all facilities and services which The Hotel can offer.
- Be responsible for all bedroom bookings linked to conference and banqueting.
- Daily (48 hrs in advance) checking of arrivals, VIP and chase reports.
- Ensure that full details are obtained on group bookings and are correctly entered into PMS. For large groups make sure that a group sheet is always done and copied to relevant personnel.
- Ensure all correspondence are answered same day of receipt.
- Ensure correct rates are posted to guest’s accounts.
- Be aware of current business targets, actual budgeted and forecasted business levels and focus on achieving these targets.
- Actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards.
- Receive customer complaints in a courteous and sympathetic fashion. Also, inform your Supervisor/Management of all complaints or observations immediately.
- Cover the Reception desk when needed.