Pastry Sous Chef Job Description can be seen below but if you’re looking for active pastry roles, check out our web.
Basic Pastry Sous Chef Job Description entails managing the coordination of all pastry items for breakfast, lunch and dinner service according to product specifications. It also includes ordering, receiving, storage, preparation and presentation.
Pastry Sous Chef Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Head Chef in planning of food budgets and forecasts pertaining to the Pastry Kitchen.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs to ensure that food preparation is on time and within budget.
- Interview, train, supervise, coach, council and discipline all employees in the department in conjunction with HR and Executive Head Chef.
- Produce all pastry goods from scratch as required by the menu.
- Design and develop detailed food specifications.
- Uphold departmental standards of quality and timing for delivery.
- Train chefs and assistants in relevant aspects of pastry.
- Assist Executive Head Chef in developing standard recipes and techniques for goods preparation and presentation. Help assure consistency, high quality and manage food cost down to component level.
- Assist in the ordering of food ingredients in line with product specification.
- Participate in all stock inventories.
- Manage and maintain standard work practices and standard operating practices for all equipment.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is correctly used, cleaned, and maintained.
- Attends management meetings on behalf of the team.
- Liaise with Executive Head Chef on customer satisfaction to enable continuous improvement.
- Manage relationship with ingredient suppliers.
- Interact in a positive manner with employees and managers in other departments ensuring good inter departmental communication is maintained at all times.
- Manage all HACCP requirements in line with company procedures.
- Adhere to government regulations as well as our standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure no unauthorized employees/persons enter the food preparation area.
- Ensure a safe workplace by identifying hazards and taking corrective action.