Are you an experienced Sous Chef looking for a new role?
We are seeking an experienced Sous Chef to join the kitchen team of our client, a 4-star hotel in Dublin. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years’ experience as Sous Chef in a 4 or 5-star hotel or fine dining restaurant. Reporting directly to the Head Chef and the General Manager, the Sous Chef will assist the Head Chef in the smooth day to day running of the kitchen, providing leadership to the kitchen brigade, along with the Head Chef.
The ideal candidate will also have food GP knowledge, HACCP knowledge, strong decision making, communication, staff training and performance management skills. You will also need experience in menu planning and rosters. You must be creative, with a passion for food and be a good leader, organiser and team player.
As Sous Chef, Responsibilities Include:
- To assist the Head Chef in ensuring food preparation, food production and service are carried out to consistently high standard and in accordance with the Food Hygiene regulations
- To assist the Head Chef with food costs, through controlling food waste, food production, ordering adequate stock, stock rotation etc.
- To direct the kitchen team in their daily duties and to assist in training, ensuring training records are up to date
- To ensure the HACCP plan and records are fully implemented and cleaning schedules are adhered to and checked daily
- To assist in organising the kitchen roster, taking into account business needs, staff holidays etc.
- To assist in the implementation of the kitchen department’s SOP’s
- To assist the Head Chef in preparing menus for daily business, functions etc.
- To oversee and monitor dishes prepared from the kitchen to ensure standards are met consistently
- To adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Personal Hygiene, Fire Safety etc.
- To work with Heads of Department in a positive manner and communicate with other departments, attending meetings as required
- Any other duties as assigned
For more information contact Adrian on +353 86 814 4001 or at email@example.com