We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team of our client, a luxury 5-star hotel in Dublin.
The ideal candidate will have experience as Sous Chef in a 4 or 5-star hotel or fine dining restaurant. The Sous Chef will assist the Head Chef with all aspects of the day to day running of the kitchen. You must have high standards, attention to detail and excellent communication and organisational skills.
As Sous Chef, Responsibilities Include:
- To have accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen and service in the absence of the Head Chef
- To organise the kitchen roster, taking into account business needs, staff holidays etc.
- To monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply to ensure the HACCP procedure is maintained
- To assist the Head Chef in training, motivating and developing all kitchen staff
- To design menus and daily specials, along with the Head Chef
- To participate in the ordering of all food and food related products and stock-takes
- To achieve food budgeted cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage whilst ensuring all menus are costed accurately
- Adhering to the health, safety and hygiene policies of the hotel and ensuring all kitchen staff adhere to same
- Participating in all in-house training and ensuring that kitchen staff attend all training activities
- Attending department meetings and briefings
- Any other duties as assigned
For more information contact Adrian on +353 86 814 4001 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Due to COVID 19 this vacancy is presently on hold. We are however still actively interviewing people for this role and would welcome your application and we can arrange to have a skype call with you and will inform you as soon as this role comes active again.