We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Receptionist to join the Front Office Team of our hotel, a luxury property in Jersey, The Channel Islands. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a Senior Receptionist role, with prior luxury hotel and international experience, with a hospitality industry background. Reporting directly to the Head Receptionist, the Senior Receptionist is responsible for ensuring that all the guests are received in a professional manner and for maintaining an environment that will ensure excellent guest satisfaction. The Senior Receptionist will be responsible for ensuring maximum occupancy and profitability and will oversee and work alongside the Reservations Manager to achieve the highest level of Guest service, occupancy and rate integrity.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To co-ordinate with the reception staff to ensure that guests are treated in a warm and friendly manner and to ensure that all guests are dealt with efficiently through consistent commitment to training, both on and off the job
- To oversee the smooth running of Reception on a daily basis
- To evaluate the current system and control procedures within the Reception
- To ensure good working relationships and effective channels of communication exist between reception staff and all other departments.
- To be aware of and know regular guests and VIP’s.
- To ensure that the guest history is current and maintained clean in the Front Office Opera System
- To ensure that standards of grooming, personal hygiene and dress code are as per hotel standard.
- To understand and utilise the Front Office Opera system and ensure faults are reported and followed up.
- To anticipate and deal with complaints and effectively implement the complaints procedure.
- To ensure all complaints are passed on to the General Manager without fail
- To conduct site inspection and network with other competitor hotels
- To liaise with the Reservations Manager on a daily basis on non-arrival charges and late cancellation charges
- To ensure staffing levels and areas are fully covered and appropriate reception procedures are being adhered to
- To achieve the optimum room rate at all times
- To ensure all float money, guest safe deposits, keys and guest belongings in our keeping are kept safe.
- To ensure a full handover is given from the Night Porter/ Duty Manager/ Receptionist on a daily basis.
- To be vigilant for guests leaving the hotel without settling their account
- Achieve all agreed objectives set by the General Manager/ Directors
- Undertake any other reasonable requests made by the General Management of the Hotel
- Communicate regularly with Heads of Departments and the General Manager
- Hold monthly Front Office meetings
- Be aware of the goals of The Atlantic
- Be involved in the training and development of staff working under you.
- Ensure your uniform and appearance is always presentable.
- Attend all training sessions and meetings as required to do so.
Health and Safety
- Ensure you are fully aware of the Health and Safety procedures
- Ensure a safe working environment by identifying and reporting potential hazards.
- Remain constantly aware of security and report or act upon any suspicious event or person.
- Ensure awareness of the Hotel’s fire procedures and the use of firefighting equipment (Fire training will be given)
- Ensure you are fully aware of fire, bomb and evacuation procedures.
- Develop a positive and direct relationship with all employees.
- Develop a culture of pride and a desire to exceed expectations.
- Foster a culture of flexibility in the workplace, responding to the changing requirements of the business.
The above duties and responsibilities cannot fully encompass all that is required of the post holder. It is expected that the individual in this role will undertake such other reasonable duties as are necessary to fulfil this role.
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Critical thinking
- A team player with leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Quality control analysis
Please apply by emailing your updated CV via the link provided.