We have an exciting opportunity for a Revenue Manager to join the Sales and Marketing department of our client, a 4-star hotel in Munster. The Revenue Manager will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing and the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have 1 to 2 years’ experience as Revenue Manager or Reservations Manager with revenue management responsibilities and have excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills. He/she will have a strong knowledge of booking systems and Hotsoft, understand financials, KPI’s and budget and have experience with web management, CMS, PMS and e-commerce. You must also be customer and people oriented with an approachable personality and be able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure the smooth and efficient operations in the room reservations department through prompt, effective and proper reservations service to achieve maximum room and apartment revenue to meet or exceed the revenue targets. To develop pricing strategies and forecast room and apartment revenue.
- To supervise and develop the job performance of the reservations team, implementing and delivering the hotel policies and procedures under guidance of the Director of Sales & Marketing and the General Manager.
- To work closely with the Front Office Manager to ensure all guest requests are met and regular training and coaching of the reservations team is carried out to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction.
- To work in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Team, to increase all revenue streams, ensuring budgeted sales, average room rates, occupancy in both rooms and catering are met at the hotel by attracting new business to the hotel.
- To develop marketing responses to gap dates, maximise rates, manage low yielding business, forecast, and anticipate demand, through maximising room occupancy and rate.
- To support the development and implementation of digital marketing and online strategy to achieve sales for the business.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Reservation Department, ensuring the highest levels of guest service and guest satisfaction.
- To ensure all Reservation Department quality standards are always respected at the highest level of service and that internal policies and procedures are consistently followed by all staff members.
- To allocate daily tasks to Reservations staff, to ensure all guests are being offered an efficient, courteous, and professional customer service, and in accordance with Hotel standards and Hotel strategy.
- To evaluate the job performance of each of the reservation team and conduct regular reviews with all the team.
- Monitoring Telephone Manner and general performance of reservations staff daily. Observes and ensures that proper telephone manners are always maintained.
- Complete reports in a timely manner as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing, the General Manager and/or the Hotel Owners, daily room revenue pick up report, weekly market segmentation report, pace reports etc.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing department to ensure all corporate business sold is in line with rooms revenue strategy and all business leads are shared with the team.
- Monitor and coordinate group reservations activity in conjunction with the Sales and events Team.
- Reviews no-show and cancelled reservations and processes charges according to hotel’s policy.
- To actively assist the Management of the Hotel in achieving financial and quality objectives throughout all the year.
- To be aware of current business targets, actual budgeted and forecasted business levels and to focus always to achieve these targets.
- Assist in the preparation of a weekly and 3 monthly forecast of Rooms Revenue Report.
- Assist in maximising room occupancy, ADR, RevPAR by implementing revenue strategies.
- To be aware and analyse all forth-coming business on a regular basis and to provide regular up to date and accurate forecasts for Room sales.
- Conduct analysis of prices offered by other hotels and review daily the OTA insights reports and weekly STR Star reports.
- In conjunction with GM, Hotel Manager & the Director of Sales & Marketing, assist in the development of annual budgets in accordance with hotel objectives and targets.
- To oversee the continual development of the department tasks, by providing training, support, coaching and guidance to new and existing staff, in accordance with the hotel’s standards and requirements.
- To maintain excellent and constant communication within the team and the rest of the hotel departments to optimise activities and maximise guests' satisfaction.
- Advise management of upcoming events and revenue generating potential.
- Assist in deciding what business the hotel will take and refuse with reference to increasing the overall revenue to the property.
- Analyse and report on booking trends.
- Obtain timely and accurate information on competitors including pricing, business levels and facilities available.
- Advise the hotel management on ideas and methods of increasing revenue.
- To participate as a member of the Managements team attending daily, weekly operational meetings, marketing and to host the weekly revenue meeting with prepared reports for this meeting.
For more details call Noel on +353 87 2145990 or email email@example.com