On behalf of our client, a stunning hotel located in Co Kerry, we are now recruiting for an Experienced Hotel Accountant to join this award winning team
Some of the duties of the role will be:
- Responsibility and accountability for the financial performance of the business with key focus on the effective operation of the accounting and financial control activities of the hotel.
- To monitor and control all aspects of the finance function to include financial reporting and planning, budgetary control and control of financial systems and procedures.
- Preparation and presentation of timely monthly accounts including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and reconciliations and Cash Flow statement projections for the Management and Shareholders.
- Monitor and control all sales revenue and expense streams, including cash, payroll, general expenses, working capital and credit management.
- Compliance with all Finance acts, purchasing, financial policies & procedures, insurance, IT, legal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- To ensure the employee payroll is processed fortnightly including payslips and address any matters arising from payroll.
- Responsible for all statutory returns including but not limited to VAT PAYE/PRSI, RCT and P30 statutory returns etc. and ensure full compliance with statutory filing deadlines.
- Review and ensure internal audit procedures are in place and robust.
- Ensure the full tax compliance of the Hotel.
- Work with senior management to develop business plans and strategies
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Prepare annual audit file and liaise with Auditors at the year end and answer all queries.
- To have a collaborative team role in the compilations of annual budgets.
- Ensure adequate communication with all departments on a regular basis in relation to discrepancies in invoices or lodgements.
- Oversee and support the accounts assistant.
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by the General Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/CPA) or equivalent) or studying towards their exams, with the following experience in a similar role:
- 2-5 years hotel accounting experience
- Proficient user of MS Office and advanced excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail, negotiation and communication skills a must including fluent spoken and written English.
- Experience in the following packages will be an advantage
- Sage payroll professional
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV via the link provide or email email@example.com