We have an immediate vacancy for a Head Chef for a beautiful 4 star hotel in Kilkenny. This iconic property has a rock solid business and reputation and is led by a very hands on and innovative General Manager.
- Ensure the day to day running of all outlets by careful management of section workloads. Allocating tasks to individual sections and distributing resources as required while approaching work with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Ensure optimum stocking levels and ordering is conducted in line with stocking sheets.
- Maintain all kitchen outlets, still rooms, storage rooms, delivery areas and canteens in line with HACCP and legislation. Ensure all HACCP procedures and policies are updated on a timely basis.
- Oversee the smooth running of the food production activities for all departments within the hotel.
- Act as the direct report for Section Head Chefs.
- Control the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses. Set margins and manage the business against projections.
- Execute the Culinary Strategy of the Executive Head Chef to meet the business needs and maximize margins.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food while demonstrating excellent understanding of costing and delivering menus.
- Communicate and support the Food & Beverage development strategy of all products.
- Support effectively and positively menu and operational changes, policies and procedures with direct reporting to the Executive Chef.
- Achieve awards and recognition for food outlets within the hotel.
- To write and check standard recipes for all dishes to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality.
- Rostering in Close Cooperation with the Executive Head Chef. Prepare the weekly rosters for all outlets in line with Operational requirements in order to achieve all KPIs.
- Inspect daily, all fresh food received to ensure the quality is maintained.
- New staff recruitment, onboarding and integration by analyzing candidates, skills and competencies to ensure each placement decision maximizes team dynamics and talent utilization.
- Identify to the Executive Chef the potential candidates for promotion within the Brigade.
- Positively identify and acknowledge excellence in operations and maintain effective and appropriate feedback to all colleagues.
- Actively pursue learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning; demonstrates depth of knowledge in technical or specialised area,
- Set up and oversee the implementation of training records.
- Ensure that each member of the team has the correct uniform available to them whilst working and that they are presentable and not in a poor state.
- Manage discipline and standards within the kitchen and address conflict in a timely manner in accordance with our Policies.
Excellent package for the right candidate.
Call Joyce on +353 86 6056937 or email Joyce@actionrecruitment.com