We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Internal Auditor on behalf of our client, a well-established and well renowned Hotel Group with properties throughout Ireland.
Reporting directly to the Group Commercial & Finance Director, the Group Internal Auditor will be responsible for carrying out internal audits of properties within the Group. The ideal candidate will hold a Chartered Accountant qualification, have at least five years’ experience in practice or industry, with an audit background and hotel experience would be beneficial.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and ambitious with excellent attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to think objectively and to form and maintain good professional relationships. You will be computer literate with a high-level understanding of excel, systems and control procedures; accounting standards and tax laws and be able to understand the business dynamic, compilation, and interpretation of financial data. You must have your own car and be flexible to travel in Ireland.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Carrying out internal audits of Group properties
- Ensuring each hotel complies with internal controls and scoring well on the group’s Internal Control Questionnaire
- Ensuring compliance on all tax matters particularly VAT and payroll
- Monitoring internal control procedures
- Assessing company policy and procedures for financial risk management and safeguarding assets
- Auditing the efficiency of business processes and checking the accuracy of financial reports
- Checking and verifying all hotel balance sheet nominal accounts and examining supporting documentation
- Development of policies and procedures
- Liaising at a strategic level with external auditors
- Reporting directly to the Board in an objective manner
- Proposing suitable solutions to any potentially problematic issues detected
- Any other duties as assigned by the Group Commercial & Finance Director
Excellent package for the right candidate
For more details call Noel on +353 87 2145990 or email [email protected]