We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Controller for a luxury 5* hotel in Co Kerry to join their Accounts team.
- Oversee and control all aspects of the Finance function of the Hotel. Manage and develop a staff of two.
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines. Management Accounts include Profit & Loss incl. KPI’S, Balance Sheet, and Cashflow forecast.
- Continuously review and update forecasts for both revenue and costs. Identify risks and opportunities that may affect the financial performance of the hotel.
- Review Control accounts at the end of each month to make sure they are reconciled.
- Gather detail for Capital projects and prepare requests that are sent to Head Office.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure they are being followed. Develop new internal controls where necessary.
- Monitor costs on an ongoing basis, particularly weekly staff rosters.
- Review new maintenance and service contracts to ensure maximum value for money.
- Review bank payments on an ongoing basis and authorize.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis for Management and Head office.
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Dealing with external Auditors and preparation of files for annual interim and final audits.
The ideal candidate:
- Fully qualified – ACCA, CIMA, CPA or similar
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role is essential
- Previous experience as a Financial Controller in hospitality is an advantage
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Well-presented and approachable with impeccable attention to detail essential for this role
- Experience in using SAGE, Procure Wizard and Timepoint software is an advantage
Client can offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Access to training & development
- Access to discounted room rates within the Hotel Group
- Team member discount in Restaurant & Spa
- Meals on duty provided
If you're interested, please upload your CV via the link provided and we'll stay in touch.