We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Head Chef to join the team of our client, an innovative, health-driven restaurant in the South-West of Ireland. The successful candidate will have a crucial role to play in the development of this brand nationally, so we are looking for an experienced Development Head Chef to lead and develop this healthy eating, sustainably conscious brand throughout Ireland.
Reporting directly to the Executive Chef and Managing Director, the ideal candidate will have substantial previous experience in vegan, vegetarian and sous-vide cooking. You must also have a passion for food, the ability to prioritise your workload and have excellent organisational and communication skills.
The Main Responsibilities Include:
- Developing innovative and interesting menus in conjunction with the Executive Chef and Managing Director
- Managing food margins, ordering and purchasing
- Developing SOP’s to maintain food standards and setting food standards
- To have a keen interest in zero waste and sustainability
- Building relationships with local food suppliers and seeking new suppliers of fresh, organic produce
- Showcasing your skills to customers directly in open plan kitchens
- Managing the quality and hygiene of food at all stages of production, from delivery through to food service
- Ensuring that all equipment used is in safe working order and reporting any faults to your supervisor, ensuring the equipment is not used until safe
- Compliance with all Company policies and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, hygiene, cleanliness and safe working practices, reporting any accidents and near misses in accordance with health and safety documentation
- To attend/receive any job-related training
- To assist and manage any special functions, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef and Managing Director
For more details, please call Adrian on +353 86 8144001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org