We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bar Manager or General Manager to join a new bar opening in one of Donegal's most exciting towns.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a manager in a busy bar operation, be enthusiastic, and innovative, and improve the business with new ideas to drive it forward and build on the well-established reputation of this busy property. This property will be 10,000 sq. ft.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Hands-on attitude
- Oversees staff, including bartenders, barbacks, bouncers, wait staff, and/or kitchen staff as well.
- Ensuring that the front-of-house is fully staffed, particularly during peak times
- Meeting sales and profitability targets
- Creating a welcoming environment for customers
- Ensuring consistent, high-quality beverages are served to customers
- Dealing with customer feedback and providing adequate solutions to customer complaints
- Creating a positive work environment for staff and encouraging their career development
- Monitoring inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock
- Hires, trains, promotes, and, when necessary, discipline staff.
- Selects music, books bands, and provides input on décor and marketing, including social media and other forms of publicity.
- Initiates and maintains vendor relationships.
- Uses point-of-sale tracking technology and bar and restaurant management platforms.
- Overseeing the cleanliness of staff and the physical bar area and paying attention to possible health hazards and regulation violations
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Customer service skills.
- Knowledge of food, beverage, and hospitality industries.
- Calm under pressure
- Able to maintain restraint in stressful situations.
- Comfortable with hospitality and sales technology platforms.
- Enthusiasm and lots of energy.
- Prior managerial experience working in a busy bar environment with food and live music
- An excellent salary for the right person. 60k
- Temp accommodation if you need to relocate- you need to check this
- Excellent career progression with this long standing Irish owned company
- Full autonomy when it comes to managing the operation
- An excellent support team in place to help you settle into the role
For more information, please email your updated CV to [email protected]