We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Reservations Manager to join our hotel, a luxury property in Jersey, The Channel Islands. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an Assistant Reservation Manager or Reservation Officer role, with prior luxury hotel and international experience, with a hospitality industry background.
The Assistant Reservations Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operations in the department through prompt, effective and proper reservations service to achieve maximum room revenue to meet or exceed the revenue target. The Assistant Reservations Manager will also be responsible for ensuring maximum occupancy and profitability of the Hotel and will assist in overseeing and working alongside the reception team to achieve the highest level of guest service, occupancy and rate integrity.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maintain all elements of the reservations system to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- To maximise room revenues by utilising techniques to increase occupancy and average rate.
- To meet and exceed guest expectations by providing a professional, positive and courteous service.
- To ensure that all special requests are handled in an efficient and timely manner.
- To maintain accurate room rate control and availability statuses by controlling and advising of rate restrictions and room availability.
- To facilitate all VIP and special requests.
- To verify that all voicemail and email requests are answered in a timely and efficient manner.
- To answer incoming calls.
- To perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- To communicate and coordinate property maintenance requests.
- To work closely with the Reception team to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To verify that all reservations are input correctly into the system, including billing information.
- To promote the Company’s products and services maintaining a high level of product/service knowledge.
- Maintain a positive, open dialogue with all team members and vendors to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Keep the Reservations Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
Health and Safety
- Understand relevant Health & Safety legislation and the implications on the business, taking action where necessary to ensure all departmental employees work hygienically and productively.
- Ensure a safe working environment by identifying and reporting potential hazards and by taking the appropriate actions when necessary.
- Ensure all maintenance matters are logged, actioned and followed up.
- Ensure all employees within the department are fully aware of fire, bomb and evacuation procedures.
- Develop a positive and direct relationship with all employees.
- Develop a culture of pride and a desire to exceed expectations.
- Foster a culture of flexibility in the workplace, responding to the changing requirements of the business.
The above duties and responsibilities cannot fully encompass all that is required of the post holder. It is expected that the individual in this role will undertake such other reasonable duties as are necessary to fulfil this role.
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Effective time management
- Effective problem-solving skills
Please apply by emailing your updated CV via the link provided.