So, you have landed an interview for your ideal job. So, what are the best job interview questions to ask? How do you ask them? When do you ask them? Does it all depend on how the interview is going? So, the best thing to do is to make sure you are fully prepared before the interview even happens. Pick a list of 5 jo interview questions you want to ask and start from there. Here are some examples you could ask:
- When do you need this position filled by?
- Why has this position come about?
- Hoe many people are in the team?
- Is there travel involved?
- What is the salary offered?
Yes, some people will say you should not ask about salary in the first interview. However, its best to know from the start what the renumeration package is so that there is no time wasting down the line
What questions to ask after a job interview?
So, the interview went well you feel. However, there is still some job interview questions you did not get to ask. What is best to do next? Well send the interviewer a courtesy email thanking them for the interview. This is also a great chance to ask some job interview questions that you did not get to ask in the first interview.
An example of this could be:
- When do they expect to make a decision of their preferred candidate?
- Will there be a second interview for the role?
- Do they need you to send some references?
This will also show the interviewer that you are still interested in the role and indeed in going for that next interview. It will show them that you are serious about the role
For a list of all our current positions please click on the link for Action Recruitment here