Chef de Partie Job Description – 4 star Hotel
There is some difference between a Chef de Partie Job Description in a 4 star hotel and a 5 star resort. You can read more about each below. If you’re looking for Chef de Partie jobs, check out Action Recruitment.
- Follow rigidly and observe all hygiene regulations and enforce HACCP.
- Report for duty on time and in the correct uniform.
- Prepare and produce food for the area which you are assigned as well as to the agreed standards in conjunction with other chefs
- Ensure that preparation is done for the next morning..
- Assist other chefs in the kitchen when requested.
- Work closely with other CDPs and take responsibility for a section in the kitchen.
- Assist the Sous Chefs/Head Chef and Executive Chef when required.
- Minimise wastage.
- Ensure all necessary mis-en-place are ready prior to service.
- Make sure that all the guests’ needs and requirements are met.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and rules
- Attend all in house training including manual handling, fire training, food hygiene training etc.
- Report and where possible take action on incidents of accidents and damage
- Assist in creating and preparing menus items and specials.
- Communicate with the Sous Chefs and the Executive Chef regarding menu items, problem situations or shortages.
- Utilize the computer system in retrieving orders.
- Work closely with standard recipes and plate presentations in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- Store items properly at the end of the shift.
- Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
Chef de Partie Job Description – 5 star Resort
- Responsible for a section in the kitchen.
- Ensure the smooth running of the section ensuring the standards of cuisine and hygiene are maintained.
- Prepare all ingredients for service to the required standard, ensuring no wastage.
- Ensure all special requests made by guests are met.
- Prepare dishes to the required specifications.
- Ensure all goods are stored correctly and hygienically in accordance with HACCP specifications.
- Promote a positive working atmosphere at all times.
- Must be able to work well on their own initiative and to work in a team environment.
Necessary requirements for a CDP role in a 4 or 5 star hotel are listed below. The ideal candidate should:
- Have previous experience as a Chef de Partie within a hotel industry (minimum 2-3 years) ∙ Excellent Knowledge of HACCP
- Possess excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have fluency in English, both oral and written
- Be flexible in their working hours