What is in an Assistant Director of Sales’ job description? As an Assistant Director of Sales, you are responsible for the management and development of the sales team. Moreover, you are to ensure that they deliver results to achieve hotel budgets. Furthermore, you will actively promote and sell the product and services of the group. You will focus on maintaining and developing new corporate negotiated and transient business as well as MICE & leisure agents in the local and International markets.
Check out the latest sales jobs.
Assistant Director of Sales – Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the sales team in developing accounts in MICE and Corporate Markets in this market and take responsibility for all European MICE markets.
- Translate area strategies into local and regional tactical plans to drive budgeted revenue for our properties.
- Ensure smooth and clear communication between the group sales and hotel sales organizations.
- Build and establish agreed sales processes across the area to aid communication and commercial success.
- Represent our hotels in key markets for the company.
- Build relationships with existing clients.
- Increase corporate contracted business both local and global to the group.
- Identify and create new relationships for all our hotels from the corporate, Travel Trade & MICE segments.
- Research and analyse different programs for all hotels to identify new leads and accounts from all markets.
- Identify a targeted number of new account opportunities. Both locally and Internationally and acquire these accounts from all key markets.
- Develop and increase meeting and event business both corporate and associations and manage the key C&E accounts and proactively drive new business.
- Plan & conduct sales calls overseas in key target markets as required.
- Have a complete understanding of the hotels monthly forecast and the come up with continuous initiatives in order to achieve it in all key segments.
- Management of the strategies relating to the sourcing, identifying and development of new business.
- Manage familiarisation trips to nurture new business and highlight the unique features of our Hotels.
- An Assistant Director of Sales is in charge of training, development and on the job coaching of the local Sales Team. This also includes succession planning and future talent banking.
- Participate at relevant trade shows and networking events as required.
- Attend internal and external meetings & events as required.
- Produce production reports as required by Group Revenue Manager and Group Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Be flexible and adaptable in working in other key sales areas where necessary.
It’s very common to see “willingness to travel” in an Assistant Director of Sales’ Job Description so that’s a big plus if you love to travel.